Saturday, February 6, 2010

Who Knew??

Who knew how life would change when a grandchild came along. My friends who were already grandparents told me that it was hard to explain. They could not put it into words. I now know exactly what they mean. When Elizabeth and David had their child, Miss Gracie in Feb. of 2008, Pat and I of course became grandparents. An amazing thing happened...I felt more love than I had ever felt before...not only for Grace, but for my daughter. Pat and I were changed forever. Those of you who know Mr.Gruff Pat,well he has become the best, loving, hilarious, playful "Pop" in the world. He has to have a "Grace Report" everyday. He carries a picture of her with him at all times, and has not one, but two pictures collages of her in his office. Like I said...who knew?? Do we want to go on exotic vacations anymore, not really, we'd rather be in Arlington. And when we did go on our exotic vacation to Ecuador with Drew this past September, he told Elizabeth that all we did was talk about Grace!!
Grace will be turning 2 years old in about ten days...I can't believe time has gone so fast. She is the love of my life and I adore her every word, tantrum, eating binge and anything else she does. Am I hopelessly in love...YES I AM!! And the fun thing is, we're gonna get another one in August! Thank you Elizabeth and David.
Life just gets better and better....who knew??

5 comments:

  1. Great posting, JB!! I'll be following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful JB.
    I am so glad you are blogging and keeping this wonderful diary.
    She is a baby doll and Elizabeth is clearly a wonderful mother.

    She had a great role model!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we already talked every day before I had Gracie and much to David's dismay the conversations have increased. I'm learning to parent from the BEST! Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your new blog posted on Elizabeth's blog... fun! I also saw the adorable hat you made for Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JB, love your blog! When Jen told me about it, I immediately wanted to stop in! Every thing you said about grandchildren, profound! I never knew how much I could love grandchildren so much! They light up my life like I never knew possible! Grace is precious and I'll be checking in to get a dose of JB Jibberish often!

    ReplyDelete